Besides basic grammar, here are some things you need to consider when writing a blog.
- Tone – Make sure that the “voice” you use is appropriate for the subject matter. A post about writing a will should have a much different tone than a post about about happy hour.
- Audience – Be aware of them. Who will be reading it? Why would anyone want to read it? What will they get out of your post? Are you talking to your ideal clientele?
- Density – How long are your paragraphs? Nothing scares readers away faster than a giant wall of text. Bullet points can help you avoid this. (like this!)
- Editing – A first draft should never see the light of day. Walk away from it, come back to it, revise it, or even better yet, show it to a second pair of eyes before publishing.
- Call to Action – Be sure your post has a “next step” for your readers. Remember you goal is to convert them into a customer. Contact Us, Get Our Free EBook, Learn More About Our Services!
Now here’s the part where we give YOU a call to action! Contact us today and learn more about our blogging services. Let us show you how to create a sales funnel on your website!